What you will need: For the Peach filling -
- 8 Ripe peaches
- 100g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 300ml Milk
- 350g Self raising flour
- 125g butter (melted)
- 220g Caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
Pre-heat your oven to 200c
Note: I used a 9 x 12 inch oven proof dish for my cobbler, but one of a similar size would work just as well.
- Start by cutting the peaches in half and taking the stones out.
- Slice the peach halves thinly and transfer into a large bowl.
- Add the caster sugar and the vanilla essence and stir gently together, letting the peaches macerate in their own juices, then set the bowl to one side.
- Melt the butter over a low heat in a saucepan
- In separate large mixing bowl pour in the butter, add the flour, sugar, pinch of salt and milk.
- Mix all the ingredients together until there are no lumps, I used a whisk to beat mine together, you should be left with a runny batter like consistency.
- Pour around a third of the batter mix into your oven proof dish, then pour all of the peaches into the dish, spreading evenly.
- Finally, pour the rest of the batter over the top of the peaches.
- Pop the cobbler into the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the top of the cobbler starts to brown and the peach juice can been seen bubbling at the sides of the dish.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving with freshly whipped cream.
- How To Make Toad In The Hole
- How To Make A Victoria Sandwich
- How To Make Plum Crumble
- Video – Broad Bean & Rocket Salad With Chili Dressing
- How To Make Gooseberry Clafoutis