- Piece of fabric measuring 30 x 15cm
- Thread to match your fabric
- Pinking sheers
- Strip of fabric measuring 35 x 2cm
- Selection of mini chocolate eggs and goodies to fill the bag
Sometimes, all we need is something simple to make or do. We don’t need complicated or tricky but quick and colourful. That is what these Easter Treat Favor bags are, quick and colourful. They are also one of the best ways to use up your fabric stash and as I’m wanting to clear a lot of mine out before replacing it with more summery colours and designs, we made a whole bunch of these.
But back to the simplicity note – Occasionally I’ll publish more full on craft projects such as the quilt, which will require an investment of your time but then on other days there will be projects like these sweet bags. Great for kids and if you’re having an Easter party they can take them home with them.
We made six of these bags to start with. All using crafting or quilt fabric as opposed to interior or upholstery fabric.
We used a sewing machine to stitch up our favor bags but they could just as easily be sewn by hand.
To make one Easter Favor bag…
- Start by cutting your fabric piece so that it measures 30 x 15cm.
- Double hem each end of the fabric piece (the 15cm edges).
- Then, fold the piece of fabric in half (so that the fabric pattern is face to face) and sew together the sides of the bag so that only the top of the bag is left open.
- When both sides of the bag are stitched up, turn the bag back the right way.
- Using pinking sheers and a colourful scrap of contrasting fabric, cut a strip to measure 35 x 2cm and this will be the tie for your bag.
- Fill your bag with mini chocolate eggs and other cute little Easter treats.
Fill a pretty wicker basket with your favor bags and leave them on the table for visiting guests to help themselves to.
Or, place the favor bags your Easter lunch table as a little extra treat for your family and friends to take away with them.
A simple but effective gift idea.
If any of you follow me on Twitter or Facebook you’ll know that this morning I found it hard to get myself out of bed due to the birds. Robert the Husband had already left and in all fairness it was kinda early but the birds were up. BOY, were they up. There were so many of them chatting away to each other in their own individual language and song. I lay there rather fascinated and trying to make out what they were saying to each other. It gave me such a boost. It was a new day, the birds were rockin’ out already and there was suddenly so much potential for ‘wonderfulness’. We get that potential each and every morning before our feet have even touched the floor beside our beds………unless you’re on a futon and then you get to just roll off.
Join my brand new Facebook page!
Feel free to add me to your links list. Here it is ! - http://www.cherrymenlove.com/