- 700g plums
- 3oz caster sugar
- 25ml water
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 6oz plain flour
- 3oz softened butter
- 3oz caster sugar
Plum Crumble Recipe
I woke up this morning and it was still proper dark outside. I had to do something at ‘silly o’clock’ and I turned to see if Robert the Husband wanted a cuppa before I got on. His response having opened one eye was “It’s winterrrrrrr”.
I knew what he meant.
Although it’s not winter and the days are still deliciously bright and warm, when I was out in the garden this morning it was there in the air – Cosy time is back again.
On my ‘About’ page I have listed some of the things I love and one of them is autumnal Saturdays. There is literally no other type of day in the year that makes me feel as happy as a Saturday in autumn. Which means that Friday’s in autumn are also pretty good as I’m excited about the Saturday. Two for the price of one. Bargain!!
So, in celebrating my favourite of days I have another Bake Fest Friday for you all.
- Pre-heat oven to 190c / 375f
- Wash the plums and then cut into small shapes ensuring that all the stones are removed
- Place the plum pieces into a saucepan with the water, sugar and nutmeg and simmer on a low heat for 3-4mins until the plums have softened slightly and the sugar has dissolved in the water
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Measure out the butter and sugar and pour into a large mixing bowl
- Then sift the flour into the bowl and with your fingertips, mix all three ingredients together getting rid of the lumps of butter until you have a crumble mixture
- I used an oval baking dish about 7x10inch to bake the crumble in, but a round or square dish of a similar size will work too
- Pour the slightly cooled plums into the baking dish and spread evenly across the base
- Using a large spoon sprinkle the crumble mix over the plums making sure that all the plums have been covered.
- Bake in the oven for 35mins
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10mins before serving
Enjoy this little portion of plummy cosiness on a weekend afternoon in the autumn.
I’ll be back later on with something I found hiding on Robert’s computer. If I can work out how to show it to you I will.
Have a wonderful day and if it’s chilly where you are this morning…. JOIN THE CLUB!!
Join my Facebook page!
Feel free to add me to your links list. Here it is ! - http://www.cherrymenlove.com/
- How To Make Apple & Raspberry Crumble
- How To Make Summer Pudding by Cherry Menlove
- How To Make Madeleine’s
- How To Make Lemon Cheesecake Squares
- How to Make Raspberry Coulis