- 100g good quality white chocolate
- 1.5 - 2.5 tblsp Amaretto
- 120ml double (heavy) cream
- A couple of drops of vanilla essence
Well, it’s the last day of Chocolate Week here at Cherry Menlove and we’re finishing off with my own personal favourite recipe from the four recipes featured this week.
So far we’ve had a dessert to impress with – Chocolate Soufflé
A classic recipe to bring out whenever you or loved ones need a treat – Chocolate & Hazelnut Brownies
A huge celebratory cake – M & M’s Chocolate Cream Cake
And today we’re finishing off with a divine white chocolate and amaretto sauce. This sauce tastes like the kind of sauce you’d get at an adult ice cream parlor. Rich, ‘chocolatey’ and so good you’ll scrape the bottom of your bowl with your spoon to get every last bit! It is also very quick to rustle up and will accompany a great many sweet things absolutely perfectly.
White Chocolate and Amaretto Sauce
Enough for 4-6 servings
*Add as much or as little Ameretto as you like. If you want to give your sauce a bit of a kick go ahead and add 2 / 2.5 tblsp of Amaretto but for a less boozy and more subtle tasting sauce add just 1.5 tblsp.*
- Heat the cream, amaretto, vanilla and broken pieces of white chocolate in a large bowl over a pan of boiling water, on a medium heat, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture has warmed.
- Remove from the stove and pour into a serving jug.
- At this time you also need to take your raspberries out of the freezer in order for them to thaw for a few moments
Now you need to move fast……..
- Using a sharp knife or fruit/veg peeler shave the side of a chilled chocolate bar to create tiny chocolate shavings.
- Serve up the ice cream in to your dessert bowls. I used these small espresso cups.
- Sprinkle the shavings of chocolate on to the ice cream
- Add a few frozen raspberries to the bowls
- And serve
- You’ll find that the warm sauce melts the raspberries a little more until they are perfect as well as melting the chocolate shavings and making the whole dessert a little thicker and richer.
- I used a good quality organic vanilla ice cream and dark organic chocolate for the shavings.
We have a rather full weekend ahead as it’s Robert the Husband’s birthday on Sunday and he and I are starting the celebrations this evening with supper at one of his favourite pubs. They serve a beer called Hip-Hop and I think he’s been thinking about having another pint of it since he had the last one, so it’ll be good for him to go and satisfy that craving.
Then tomorrow we’re off to Selfridges for some shopping. We’re only an hour and a half’s drive in to London which keeps me sane when I feel like I’ve been in sweat pants and Nike’s for too long. Although I won’t be shopping for myself I will shop vicariously through Robert and try to persuade him to let me buy him at least one thing with the name Tom Ford written across it. Tom Ford is my new favourite man and I may try to sew myself a pocket sized version of him and keep him at my side for all eternity. You know, for style tips etc…..
And then on Sunday the family are gathering and we’re all off to another country pub for more food. It would appear that we like our country pubs.
I can’t believe that it has been a year since we went here for his birthday. So much has happened, time has passed by so quickly and this is his last birthday before he becomes a Daddy.
I have always found men with their children so sexy and now I’ll have one of my own.
I blame this poster for that!!!!!!!!
HAPPY FRIDAY FOLKS!!!!
Join my Facebook page!
Feel free to add me to your links list. Here it is ! - http://www.cherrymenlove.com/