What you will need:
- 9x9 inch non-stick cake tin with loose base
- 1 and a half cups of plain/all purpose flour
- ¾ cup butter (softened)
- half a cup of icing/confectioners sugar
- 2 medium organic eggs
- 200g pack of cream cheese
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- half a cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain/all purpose flour
- 3 lemons
- cup sour cream
Bake Fest Friday by Cherry Menlove
It’s Friday (Yay!!) and today I’m bringing you something sweet from my ‘Bake Fest Friday’ collection. Every other week I’ll post something particularly sweet and naughty for you to have a go at and enjoy over the weekend. So many of us bake at the weekend as way to relax and be creative and I’m here to help so please feel free to have a go at any one of the recipes you see here in this section.
Lemon and anything flavoured with fresh lemon juice is a favourite in this household. With its soft, fresh flavour and zingy aroma, anything lemony is a hit with us and , having passed these squares around to members of my family, every single one of them went back for more naughtiness!
I also love working with lemons in my cooking and baking because they are so beautiful looking. Yellow orbs that contain the most flavoursome of juices. Tiny drops that go a long way. Without further ado, here’s the recipe….
Cherry’s Lemon Cheesecake Squares
Prep time: 20 mins
Baking time: 35 mins
Cooling time: 2 hours
Eating time: 3.5 seconds!
Makes 16 yummy squares
Pre Heat Oven to 175c/350f. You can find a weight conversion chart here!
- Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl and then add the sieved icing/confectioners sugar and butter.
- Using your fingertips crumble these ingredients together until all the lumps have gone away to somewhere far off, never to return.
- Grease your cake tin and empty the contents of the bowl into the tin, pushing firmly down with fingers and ensuring base is completely covered.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20 mins.
- Using your mixer and the paddle attachment, blend together the eggs, cream cheese, evaporated milk, sugar, the last tablespoon of flour, 4 tablespoons of lemon juice & 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.
- If you don’t have a food mixer then get your biceps moving by beating this mixture in a large bowl with wooden spoon until smooth. Should take you about ten minutes.
- When the 20 mins is up remove the tin and baked base of your cheesecake from the oven and pour the creamed mixture over the base, smooth over using a pallet knife or large spoon. Return the entire tin to the oven and bake for a further 15mins until set.
- Remove from the oven and allow the contents to cool for approx 1 hour.
- When cooled press the cheesecake out of the tin, keeping the base of the tin in place on the bottom. With your pallet knife smooth over the sour cream and refrigerate for a further 1 hour.
- Once chilled, use a large sharp knife to cut into 16 squares (at this time they will come away from the base of the tin smoothly) and garnish with lemon zest.
Then Enjoy! (Yum)
These Lemon Cheesecake Squares are YUMFY!!! and although highly calorific I found that I only needed the one to satisfy a rather sweet tooth at the time. If you’re really worried about scoffing the whole lot then bake them, keep four and give a dozen away to an unsuspecting friend or family member. It’s an awesome feeling to get unexpected hand baked goods from someone and it’s something I’d like to do more often. Perhaps we could all agree that when the next ‘Bake Fest Friday’ rolls around in two weeks, if we are worried about keeping that much sweetness in our cupboards then we’ll simply keep a wee portion and give the rest away. I like that idea as I like ALL things in moderation – good wine, restful sleep, belly laughs & these Lemon Cheesecake Squares.
So by Jove, I’ll have them!!!!
I’ll see you back here, bright & breezy, on Monday morning. I have finally had enough of the weather beaten look and my garden furniture set has a nice new coat for Summertime entertaining. Have a great weekend, lovelies!
Join my Facebook page!
Feel free to add me to your links list. Here it is ! - http://www.cherrymenlove.com/