- 1 large Iceberg lettuce
- 200g bean sprouts
- 10 spring onions /scallions
- 80g Coriander
- 1 large Carrot (grated)
- 3 teaspoons Sesame seeds
- 100g natural toasted peanuts
- 400g fresh white shredded Crab Meat
- 1 Fresh red chili (finely chopped and de-seeded)
- 1/2 cup Japanese rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sesame Oil
- 1 tblsp granulated sugar
- 1 square inch fresh ginger (freshly grated)
When you are pregnant all of the foods that you are supposedly not ‘allowed’ to eat suddenly become irresistible. Take this Crab Salad for instance. Shellfish is not encouraged during pregnancy and so I had to make myself a tiny wee portion of this salad ‘sans crab’. It was important that I had at least tasted it so that I would know it was good enough to go on to my site as a recipe. I can only imagine what it was like fully loaded, so to speak, as it was utterly divine without the meat.
Crab is tasting great right now so do try making this little beauty when you get the chance. It’s best eaten outside in the sun at lunchtime when you’re surrounded by folk you love. If there are people there you don’t love then serve them a portion with no crab. They will then know and understand what I had to endure and it will serve them right for not being more lovable.
- Chop the iceberg lettuce into strips and place in a large serving bowl
- Grate the carrot in to the bowl
- Add the bean sprouts
- Finely chop the spring onions / scallions and add to the bowl
- Add the peanuts and sprinkle in the sesame seeds
- Gently fold all the ingredients together with salad spoons
- Spoon the crab meat over the top of the salad and then top with a generous sprinkle of fresh coriander
For the dressing -
- Finely chop and de-seed a red chill
- Grate the fresh ginger into smallish bowl and sprinkle the chopped chili pieces over the top
- Pour in the Japanese rice vinegar and a tablespoon of caster sugar
- Add the oil and mix well
- Decant into your favourite oil pourer or small jug
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and enjoy.
It feels great to be heading out of a glut of heavy foods that are designed for keeping us warm. Soon we’ll be indulging in soft fruits, smoothies and salads galore. The outside grill will be on permanently and I’ll constantly have corn -on -the -cob kernels in my teeth.
Hopefully this lighter, super tasty salad will act as a vibrant segue in to welcoming Summer food back on the menu and back on to Cherry Menlove.com
I’ve missed it!
Ah, before I go let me remind you of another beautiful and easy Crab recipe that I developed last year. Click the picture below and you’ll be taken right to it…….
Lots of love,
Join my Facebook page!
Feel free to add me to your links list. Here it is ! - http://www.cherrymenlove.com/
- How To Make Spring Rolls – Crab & Sweet Chili Recipe
- Dressing for the Occasion – How To Make Italian Salad Dressing Recipe
- Warmed Goats Cheese & Apple Salad
- Sweet Potato, Feta & Toasted Seed Winter Salad
- Fig, Pear and Walnut Salad Recipe with Lunch Under The Tree