Welcome to my first video, the first of many I hope.
Go easy on me as we get to grips with the brand new and very exciting medium of film (we’re working on the sound, it was a breezy day!)
One of things I love about having this site is being able to communicate and chat to you guys. Well, I suppose there’s nothing more life-like than chatting to you through a lens and then uploading it on to You Tube!
Have fun and I hope you also enjoy this brand new recipe. It was a tasty day in the paddock, I can assure you of that!
Broad Bean & Rocket Salad With Chili Dressing
If you have been growing your own broad beans and peas like we have, it is always nice to harvest them the same day you plan on eating them, this way you will be getting the very best from your vegetables. This light and crunchy salad will serve 2.
What you will need:
- 150g Broad beans
- 100g Peas
- 1/2 Red onion (thinly sliced)
- 15g Fresh coriander ( chopped)
- 60g Rocket
- 100g Mange tout (sugar-snap peas)
- 10g Fresh chives (chopped)
- Once you have removed the broad beans from their pods, add them to a large pan of hot water and boil for five minutes.
- After five minutes add the fresh peas to the same water and boil a further five minutes.
- Remove from the heat, drain and allow to cool.
- Once the beans and peas have cooled you will notice that the outer shell on the broad beans has loosened and is starting to peel away, some people eat broad beans in their outer shell but I prefer to take the outer shell off.
- Add the shelled beans and the peas to a large serving bowl
- Thinly slice the red onion (half of it) and chop the chives and the coriander; then add them all to the serving bowl.
- Finally, add the rocket and the mange-tout and mix the salad together.
For this salad I used the same chili dressing I used to go with my Crab Salad and it worked beautifully drizzled over the top.
As an accompaniment I also served my bean and rocket salad with some of my home grown Charlotte potatoes garnished with chives, sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil, a lovely dish to have at the end of a long, hot, summer’s day. This dish is light but filling enough to see you through until bedtime and great with a grilled chicken breast if you know you’ll still be hungry!
You can also check out the filmed version of this recipe on my brand new YouTube channel.
Have a great day.
Don’t forget you can join my Facebook page!
Feel free to add me to your links list. Here it is ! - http://www.cherrymenlove.com/
- Crab Salad with Chili Dressing
- Broad Bean & Chorizo Snack by Cherry Menlove
- Dressing for the Occasion – How To Make Italian Salad Dressing Recipe
- Spinach, Prosciutto & Goats Cheese Salad
- How To Grow Broad Beans & Verbena