- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup rice
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1 tblsp fish sauce
- 2 tblsp rice vinegar
- 1 tblsp finely chopped chili
- 1 tblsp chopped shallot (fresh or frozen)
- 3 additional shallots, sliced thinly
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tblsp chili sauce
- 1 tblsp fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 2 tblsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tblsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 tblsp unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- Soy sauce (according to taste)
These light yet wonderfully tasty chicken and lettuce wraps are great for summer entertaining.
You will need a food processor for this recipe.
This makes six portions.
For the dressing -
- Add the garlic, sugar, chili, chopped shallot and a generous seasoning of freshly ground black pepper and blend together in the food processor until a paste forms.
- Transfer the paste into a large mixing bowl and then stir in the fish sauce, lime juice, chili sauce and vinegar and olive oil as this will create the dressing. (Use a whisk to fully blend the ingredients together if necessary.)
- Set the dressing one side.
- Boil the rice, drain and set to one side.
For the chicken -
- Cut the skinless, boneless chicken thighs into small pieces.
- Place the chicken pieces in the food processor and whizz for approximately 10 seconds until the chicken is finely minced but not mushy.
- Transfer the minced chicken to a non-stick frying pan and lightly saute in a little olive oil until cooked throughout (around 5 minutes).
- Reduce to a low heat and then add the coriander, mint, sliced shallots, soy sauce and rice and gently mix together.
- Finally, pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Break off six individual iceberg lettuce leaves and fill the middle of each of the leaves with the chicken mixture.
- Garnish with chopped dry-roasted peanuts and serve.
Have a great day.
Don’t forget you can join my Facebook page!
Feel free to add me to your links list. Here it is ! - http://www.cherrymenlove.com/