- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 5g oregano
- 275g loaf of ciabatta bread
- 150g mini mozzarella balls
- 1 clove garlic (peeled)
- 10g green basil
- 10g purple basil
- olive oil (to roast the tomatoes in)
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Bruschetta – A Family Favourite
Hello and Happy Friday!
Do you like the look of my Bruschetta? This is a real family favourite and is a snack that I rustle up for lunch to keep us going as we work out in the garden or as a side dish to a barbecue that we might be throwing. Bruschetta is one of my favourite things to eat and I ate so much of it while I was pregnant with my twins.
I grew all of these tomatoes myself in hanging baskets around the house. I LOVE growing them this way as it’s so blooming easy. And that’s all there is to it.
It also means that I get to take pictures of tomatoes, which is very fun!!!!!
If you’re just getting started with photography then take pictures of tomatoes, strawberries or cherries. You’ll feel like Annie Leibovitz as it’s super hard to take a bad picture of any of these fruits.
Look at them. Beautiful red orbs of tasty goodness. The summer sun waiting to burst in your mouth…..OR, be roasted with garlic and oregano. Which is exactly how I make MY Bruschetta. As it’s exactly how my family LOVE IT!!
- Start by washing the cherry tomatoes and adding them to a baking tray; sprinkle the fresh oregano over the tomatoes and drizzle generously with extra virgin olive oil and a good helping of salt and pepper.
- And there you have it, a beautifully tasty Bruschetta. Cut and serve immediately.
- I use the word ‘serve’ very loosely here as it’s much more of a case of grabbing a hunk of the good stuff and shoving it in our mouths. The basil gets stuck in our teeth and the garlic infused olive oil drips down our chins.
- Family, Life & Food.
- My three favourite words.Delicious!
It’s a long weekend here in the UK and there is huge amounts of resting, eating and hanging out with family to be done. The thing about being a new mum is that when it dawns on you (which it does daily) that you have these two fabulous people around you and that you get to hang out with for the rest of your life and I’m not kidding, it feels like waking up in August and realising that it’s actually Christmas Day.
Have a wonderful weekend.
I love you all lots and lots and wish ‘blessings a plenty’ on your lives
Leave a comment by scrolling down a wee bit………
Don’t forget you can join my Facebook page!
Feel free to add me to your links list. Here it is ! - http://www.cherrymenlove.com/