Now, it’s OK to have your gift list written out and up to date but what happens when it suddenly becomes very clear that the people you have bought for are not the only ones expecting a gift?
There’s a knock at the door on Christmas Eve and standing there are folks you are desperately happy to see but simply weren’t prepared for. The same situation can happen at work. You may have been so wrapped up in getting everything finished before the break that the Secret Santa you were participating in went totally out of your mind and therefore out of the window.
It can be really handy to have a secret stash of gifts hidden at any time of the year but it becomes a lifesaver at Christmas.
It’s horrid to be given a gift and see the thought that has gone into another person remembering you and not be able to offer them ANYTHING in return!
So, here are my suggestions for some super last minute presents.
- Scented candles for the home
- A box of truffles
- Cuddly toys for folk with small children. Buying the children anything is always a good thing and goes down well.
- Mugs. Mugs get broken all the time in my house and are always a welcome gift.
- Bottles of champagne. With New Year right around the corner the bottle will undoubtedly be enjoyed sooner rather than later.
- Handtowels. As funny as this sounds people always forget to give handtowels as gifts. This is one of those gifts that will always be in use.
- Luxury food gifts. Included is Christmas puddings, jams, chutneys, pickled onions, shortbread and the like.
Of course these gifts really depend on what your circle of friends is like. My list may be wholly inappropriate for the people you know but I really just wanted to get you started.
I can promise that you don’t have to spend a lot of money and that the thought really and truly is what counts at this time of year.
Leave a comment by scrolling down a wee bit………
Don’t forget you can join my Facebook page!
Feel free to add me to your links list. Here it is ! - http://www.cherrymenlove.com/